Sheldrake Environmental Center is a 60-acre oasis of land and water that provides a sanctuary for wildlife and people. Our Mission is to inspire awareness and action in the community and to preserve, protect and enhance local resource.
Sheldrake is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper and Administrative Coordinator to assist in managing our day-to-day operations and accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position. In addition, good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly and timely are essential. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Manage payroll, monthly payroll tax deposits (EFTPS), quarterly payroll tax deposits (NYS); required quarterly and annual forms/reports; new hire reporting
- Manage insurance reporting
- Provide information and explanations to CPA for financial report preparation
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits, write checks, online bill pay, bank reconciliations and any necessary journaling
- Prepare financial reports as needed
Administrative Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Manage school programming calendar
- Process mail, phone inquiries, in-person inquiries
- Assist with website management and updating
- Maintain Giftworks and Constant Contact databases
- Manage monthly membership renewal letters and communication
- Assist Executive Director, Director of Education and staff as needed
- Experience with following programs: Quick Books Premier, Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook
- At least 2 years of Bookkeeping experience.
- Able to juggle several projects at one time
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Willing and able to work with public
This is an hourly position with an anticipated time commitment of 20 hours per week at $20 per hour.
How to Apply: Please send resume and letter of interest to Jennifer Keefe, Executive Director at email@example.com.