Join Sheldrake naturalists as we have fun exploring nature as part of the Town of Mamaroneck Recreation Department’s summer programming for children. We will spend time outside in the Hommocks Conservation Area looking for birds, animals, insects, and more along the trails. Participants will make nature art, play nature games, and explore together!
Week 1: Monday, August 3 – Thursday, August 6
Week 2: Monday, August 10 – Thursday, August 13
Time: 9:30 – 11:00 AM
Location: Hommocks Park Ice Rink Community Room and Hommocks Conservation Area. Participants will meet daily at the outside lawn area by the side entrance of the Hommocks Ice Rink Community Room. In case of rain, program will be conducted indoors in the Community Room.
- Group size capped at 10 children, 2 naturalists (groups may be smaller than this).
- All supplies will be cleaned and sanitized for each participant use.
Staff will be required to wear masks when not able to maintain social distance.
- For each day of camp, participants are required to bring a completed Health Survey.
- Participants will sanitize hands with provided sanitizer at the beginning and end of each class.
- Participants are required to wear a mask when on the trail and when not able to maintain social distance.
- Masks will be required while indoors in the community room.
Register on the Town of Mamaroneck Recreation Department website (scroll down to 71953 – Nature Explorers). To register your child(ren), click on the shopping-cart icon on the right side of the grid that lists the two program weeks and check out.
For questions regarding Sheldrake’s Nature Explorers, please email email@example.com.