Our passion at Sheldrake is to get people excited about discovering nature. We take the time and effort to create the best programming possible that connects individuals to their environment and helps them to form a sense of place. It is through these connections that we all become stewards who care about preserving and protecting important habitats.
As a Sheldrake member, you are part of a grassroots network in our community that supports nature and experiential education.
Lately we have . . .
- Delivered hands-on nature programs to over 2,000 school-aged children in the Mamaroneck, Scarsdale and Rye Neck school systems,
- Helped 75 local Girl Scouts earn badges,
- Collected nearly 500 lbs. of garbage at our reservoir clean-ups,
- Led 21 Neighborhood Nature programs and community walks,
- Trained a corps of 30 Volunteer Environmental Educators,
- Provided summer learning opportunities to underserved children,
- Offered 3 internships to local high school, college and post-grad students,
- Introduced 93 pre-school children to the natural world through our Young Explorers, June Mini-Camp and Backpack Babies programs,
- Launched an ongoing meadow restoration project to protect this critical habitat,
- Initiated an environmental consortium between Sheldrake, Iona College and Mamaroneck High School.
There are currently six levels of annual membership
- Individual/Friend $35
- Family $75
- Supporter $150
- Advocate $250
- Sponsor $500
- Founder $1,000
Corporate Matching Funds
If your employer matches donations, this is an easy way to double the impact of your contribution. If you are unsure whether your company matches, please contact your Human Resource Department.
Another way to make a lasting contribution….
You have supported Sheldrake Environmental Center during your lifetime. You believe in our mission and understand that we will continue to make a positive difference in our community far into the future. How can you provide for our future support?
Include a charitable bequest in your will or revocable trust. You can remember Sheldrake by using the following language: “I bequeath to Sheldrake Environmental Center, Inc. a not-for-profit corporation located at 685 Weaver Street, Larchmont, NY 10538, ___% of my residuary estate (or $___) for its general purposes.”
A bequest is easy to arrange. It is not payable until death, so it does not affect your assets or cash flow during your lifetime. It is private – your will is not filed or made public until your death. It is revocable – you can change the provisions in your will or trust at any time until death. If you have decided to include Sheldrake in your will, please let us know so that we can thank you properly!