Our passion at Sheldrake is to get people excited about discovering nature. We take the time and effort to create the best programming possible that connects individuals to their environment and helps them to form a sense of place. It is through these connections that we all become stewards who care about preserving and protecting important habitats.
As a Sheldrake member, you are part of a grassroots network in our community that supports nature and experiential education.
Without your participation and dues support, Sheldrake cannot fulfill its commitment to help families learn about and protect the significant natural resources here.
Lately we have . . .
- Delivered hands-on nature programs to over 3,500 school-aged children in the Mamaroneck, Scarsdale, Rye Neck and New Rochelle school systems,
- Helped 250 local Girl Scouts earn badges,
- Collected nearly 500 lbs. of garbage at our reservoir clean-ups,
- Led 25 Neighborhood Nature programs and community walks,
- Trained a corps of 10 Volunteer Environmental Educators,
- Provided summer learning opportunities to underserved children,
- Offered internships and learning opportunities to local high school and college students,
- Introduced 300 pre-school children to the natural world through our Young Explorers, Nature Bugs, June Mini-Camp and Toddler Time programs,
- Launched an ongoing meadow restoration project to protect this critical habitat,
- Partnered with Iona College to catalog the natural habitat at Sheldrake in INaturalist.
There are currently six levels of annual membership
- Individual/Friend $35
- Family $75
- Supporter $150
- Advocate $250
- Sponsor $500
- Founder $1,000
Corporate Matching Funds
If your employer matches donations, this is an easy way to double the impact of your contribution. If you are unsure whether your company matches, please contact your Human Resource Department.
Give the Gift of Nature to a Loved One
- One week of Preschool Nature Camp $300
- Mindfulness Retreat – $100
- Membership – $75 – $250
- Specialty Programs, including our Fairy House and Holiday themed programs
- Mindfulness Series with Cindy Olsen
- Nature walks and weekend programming
Another way to make a lasting contribution….
You have supported Sheldrake Environmental Center during your lifetime. You believe in our mission and understand that we will continue to make a positive difference in our community far into the future. How can you provide for our future support?
Include a charitable bequest in your will or revocable trust. You can remember Sheldrake by using the following language: “I bequeath to Sheldrake Environmental Center, Inc. a not-for-profit corporation located at 685 Weaver Street, Larchmont, NY 10538, ___% of my residuary estate (or $___) for its general purposes.”
A bequest is easy to arrange. It is not payable until death, so it does not affect your assets or cash flow during your lifetime. It is private – your will is not filed or made public until your death. It is revocable – you can change the provisions in your will or trust at any time until death. If you have decided to include Sheldrake in your will, please let us know so that we can thank you properly!