- This event has passed.
International Coastal Cleanup
September 24, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Be part of a worldwide effort to clean our coastline!
Two locations where you can help:
- Manor Park/Beach – 99 Park Avenue, Larchmont, NY
- The Larchmont Reservoir Conservancy – 687 Weaver Street, Larchmont, NY
Before participating in Coastal Cleanup, please read the following instructions you will have to follow and other information you will need to know:
- Please wear closed-toe shoes. Bare feet are not allowed.
- Long pants are advised as precaution against poison ivy at the Larchmont Reservoir Conservancy.
- Hats are also helpful!
- Apply sunscreen and insect repellent.
- It would really help if you could bring work gloves if you own a pair. If you don’t own any, we will provide them.
- We recommend you bring water.
- Bathrooms are available at the Larchmont Reservoir Conservancy. Bathrooms are NOT available at Manor Park/Beach.
The New York Beach Cleanup is organized annually by the American Littoral Society (www.littoralsociety.org) as part of International Coastal Cleanup, a worldwide effort by Ocean Conservancy (www.oceanconservancy.org) to document and remove marine debris. Litter is not only unsightly; it poses threats to humans and wildlife. Join Sheldrake locally to help at Manor Beach or the Larchmont Reservoir Conservancy.
Year round, Sheldrake Environmental Center offers monthly guided Neighborhood Nature walks; in the springtime join us for compost bin sales and workshops, along with Earth Day clean-ups; and in the fall, we have our Fall Festival and International Coastal Clean Up. Use the listing below to find the kind of events you would like to enjoy at Sheldrake Environmental Center.