Become an Environmental Educator – Fall 2019
October 16 @ 9:30 am - November 20 @ 12:30 pm| Free
Help instill appreciation of the natural world in your community!
Do you have an interest in the natural world? Would you like to learn more about it and share your enthusiasm with children?
Sheldrake’s training program includes:
- Workshops in nature studies and teaching techniques
- Observations with our experienced naturalists
- Learning amazing facts about plants and animals
- Sharing your new knowledge with elementary-school children
- contributing an important service to your community
- continuing your education through ongoing enrichment classes
- being part of a group of people who share your environmental values and goals
- classes are free!
New Program This Fall!
Classes take place on Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm October 16-November 20, 2019.
Volunteer educators will receive nature education, training, and field experience. Bring your love of nature, of children, and of the environment!
Interested in more info or enrolling? Contact Jocelyn Kleinman, Director of Education, at 914-834-1443 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class size is limited.
Year round, Sheldrake Environmental Center offers monthly guided Neighborhood Nature walks; in the springtime join us for compost bin sales and workshops, along with Earth Day clean-ups; and in the fall, we have our Fall Festival and International Coastal Clean Up. Use the listing below to find the kind of events you would like to enjoy at Sheldrake Environmental Center.