Be a spark that ignites more knowledge. We rely on your generosity to continue delivering important experiential programs for nature-based education. When you donate, you are sustaining an organization that helps individuals – especially children – benefit from all that nature has to offer.
Our fiscal year closes June 30th. The annual cost to provide our breadth of programming is over $100,000. When you donate to our Year-End Appeal, your contribution will help offset costs to train our Naturalists and enable us to continue bringing you the best nature education in lower Westchester.
Some quick facts about what we did in 2018:
- We have taught over 1,000 hours of nature education, delivering more than 300 classes
- We offer nature education programs for families 3 weekends a month.
- We introduced 15 new programs for families this year including Nature CSI, Full Moon Hikes and Spirals in Nature.
- We expanded our bilingual nature education to provide more learning opportunities.
- We expanded our after school offerings for children including Young Explorers and Magical Bird Time for preschool and Elementary school children.
- A team of 6 staff naturalists, 22 volunteers and our Director of Education deliver all of our programs. Helping them to acquire more knowledge will enhance the classes we deliver to students and families.
$100 will give every area student the opportunity to make meaningful connections with nature on their class trips.
$200 will help us maintain our state of the art microscopes so that every 5th grader can participate in Ponding with Microscopes – an exciting, hands-on Stem-based program.
$400 will pay for a bus to bring our bilingual participants to the center for monthly programming.
Your donation (of any size) is the key to delivering on our mission of sparking a lifelong love of nature in the children and families of our community.