Be a spark that ignites more knowledge. We rely on your generosity to continue delivering important experiential programs for nature-based education. When you donate, you are sustaining an organization that helps individuals – especially children – benefit from all that nature has to offer.
The annual cost to provide our breadth of programming is over $100,000. Your donation will have an immediate impact, felt by people in your local community. As a small, non-profit organization, we depend on fundraising and program fees for nearly 90% of our financial resources. It’s the support of friends like you that allows us to continue being a vibrant educational resource for the local communities of lower Westchester.
Some quick facts about what we did in 2018-2019:
- We have taught over 1,500 hours of nature education, delivering more than 400 classes.
- We offer Free nature and STEM education programs for families several weekends a month.
- We provide Free nature programs for toddlers and their caregivers.
- We introduced 15 new programs for families this year including Nature CSI, Full Moon Hikes, birding walks and Spirals in Nature.
- We expanded our bilingual nature education to provide more learning opportunities.
- We expanded our after-school offerings for children including Young Explorers, Nature Bugs and Magical Bird Time for preschool and Elementary school children.
- A team of 6 staff naturalists, 22 volunteers and our Director of Education deliver all of our programs. Helping them to acquire more knowledge will enhance the classes we deliver to students and families.
$100 will give every area student the opportunity to make meaningful connections with nature on their class trips.
$200 will help us maintain our state of the art microscopes so that every 5th grader can participate in Ponding with Microscopes – an exciting, hands-on Stem-based program.
$400 will pay for a bus to bring our bilingual participants to the center for monthly programming.
$500 will help continue our wellness initiatives, featuring walks, retreats, and mindful Saturdays.
Your donation (of any size) is the key to delivering on our mission of sparking a lifelong love of nature in the children and families of our community.
Our Fiscal year closes June 30, 2019, help us keep nature education a vibrant and strong part of our community.