Be a spark that ignites more knowledge. We rely on your generosity to continue delivering important experiential programs for nature-based education. When you donate, you are sustaining an organization that helps individuals – especially children – benefit from all that nature has to offer.
The annual cost to provide our breadth of programming is over $100,000. Your donation will have an immediate impact, felt by people in your local community. As a small, non-profit organization, we depend on fundraising and program fees for nearly 90% of our financial resources. It’s the support of friends like you that allows us to continue being a vibrant educational resource for the local communities of lower Westchester.
Some quick facts about what we did in 2019:
- We have taught over 2,000 hours of nature education, delivering more than 450 classes.
- We offer Free nature and STEM education programs for families several weekends a month.
- We have started a wellness initiative that includes weekly mindful outdoor experiences, weekend programs for adults and families and mindful based retreats for community members.
- We installed a new mindful reflection rock garden on property.
- We have acquired new signage and a information kiosk for the property.
- We provide Free nature programs for toddlers and their caregivers.
- We expanded our bilingual nature education to provide more learning opportunities.
- We expanded our after-school offerings for children including Young Explorers, and Nature Bugs for preschool and Elementary school children.
- A team of 6 staff naturalists, 22 volunteers and our Director of Education deliver all of our programs. Helping them to acquire more knowledge will enhance the classes we deliver to students and families.
$100 will give every area student the opportunity to make meaningful connections with nature on their class trips.
$200 will help us maintain our state of the art microscopes so that every 5th grader can participate in Ponding with Microscopes – an exciting, hands-on Stem-based program.
$400 will pay for a bus to bring our bilingual participants to the center for monthly programming.
$500 will help continue our wellness initiatives, featuring walks, retreats, and mindful Saturdays.
Your donation (of any size) is the key to delivering on our mission of sparking a lifelong love of nature in the children and families of our community.
Please make an end of year gift to help us continue to bring vital nature education and family programming to the community.