Help Wanted: Seasonal, Part-Time (Fall and Spring) Birthday Party Specialist
We are looking for an energetic, nature-minded person to join our staff as a Birthday Party Specialist. This person will lead groups of 12-15 children, ages 3-7, in a nature-themed birthday party.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver fun and nature-themed parties for our birthday party attendees.
- Follow best practices when dealing with children and parents.
- Be able to create a nature themed craft and help attendees with this craft.
- Follow all procedures regarding safety, cleanliness special issues and emergencies that may occur while hosting parties at Sheldrake Environmental Center.
- Maintains open communications with management and all departments of scheduled events.
- Communicates with the supervisor regarding status of party inventory and supplies.
- Must be able to lead nature hikes, and be able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to handle a group of children, keeping safety a priority.
- Creativity a plus
- Available most weekend afternoons in the fall and spring
- Enjoys being outdoors
EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE:
- At least 18 years of age and have experience leading groups of children
- A working knowledge of local nature including: insects, plants and birds.
- Willingness to learn new concepts in nature, if necessary
- A background in education or nature education preferred
Salary: $20/hr. Parties last 1.5 hours. You will be paid for 3 hours total, includes set-up and clean-up time.
Email Mary Ellen Kelly (email@example.com) if you are interested.